Monday, March 4, 2013

Working in Pods

My school is a Next Generation Learning School (in case i have not mentioned that yet) and sitting in Pods is required in almost any and every classroom! I love the idea of having students sit in pods and collaborate with one another! This gives students the chance to work as a group and ask questions or help one another with their learning. 


The only way I would not have students sitting in pods would be if there were major behavioral problems in my class. I have a class that has it's moments of being challenging but, nothing that cannot be fixed. For example if a students talks too much with their neighbor I will move them to a spot next to someone who will not distract their learning. Otherwise I have been able to easily teach whole group with students working in pods and had them work together and collaborate and brain storm with one another. Seeing this and working with this every day I have truly seen the benefits of working in groups and how students can collaborate and strengthen their learning! :)  

0 comments:

Post a Comment