Monday, February 4, 2013

Word Walls

Another week of student teaching and STILL loving my students and everything i do! :) Each week I do a little more with my students and a few more lessons each time. This week I worked on Words Walls with students. 

I created a a Word Wall for both Everyday words (both reading and writing words) and Math words. This word wall includes words I would like students to start using more and words that my students have difficulty with. These words are appropriate for students in 4th and 5th grade. 





Then I made a Jail Word Wall for Everyday and Math words. These are words that students need to start using less of or start eliminating from their vocabulary  For example: Instead of saying "plusing" students should use the words like "addition or adding."




Creating a word wall with students was so much fun! My students were very honest about what words they should be using more of and what words they should be using less of. So they helped me create the wall. Then students knew where it was and how to use it as a helpful resource :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment